A Rated Surety Company/Surety Bonds/MS/AL/FL/GA/Neill Bonding & Insurance/Bonds

A surety that wants to write bonds for federal government construction projects must have a certificate of authority issued by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. The Treasury Department conducts a financial review of the surety and sets a single bond size limit for the surety. The Treasury Department maintains a list of surety companies that it has qualified to write surety bonds on federal government projects.

Treasury Department Circular 570: Companies Holding Certificates of Authority as Acceptable Sureties on Federal Bonds and as Acceptable Reinsuring Companies is published in the Federal Register on July 1 each year. A copy of the most current “Treasury List” may be accessed at www.fms.treas.gov/c570/index.html.

Information provided by Surety Information Office

Leave a Reply




You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>